About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, August 25, 2022

T is for Two - New to Blog Food Premium Capsules

Staying with the theme for a day or two, these have both come in recently, although in the case of the Cadbury's Frog it was actually 2020, that's an indication of how long I've been stuffing things in the Kinder &Etc. Round-up folder, and how long since we last looked at such things, well over due for a file-emptying!

Big Heads; Big-Heads; Cadbury's Chocolate Drops; Cadbury's Dairy Milk; Cadbury's Freddo; Cadbury's Frog; Camel; Capsule Egg; Capsule Toys; Chocolate Drops; Dromedary; Freddo And His Friends; Freddo the Frog; Freddo Treasures; Freddy The Frog; Funko; Meeran; PVC Animals; Skye; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Styracosaurus; Suprise Egg; Triceratops; Wow Egg;
Some of you may have encountered the pop-culture mythology of these, or at least: Freddo's chocolate-bars, online, but it's a mythology that post-dates my childhood? I don't remember them at all, but a lot of stand-up comedians seem to have at least one stock joke on the subject of the economic research value of a Freddo's price in any given era!

Anyway, once your brand-mark has cultural status at street/classroom/playground level, it's de rigueur to tear the arse out of it with further line-products, one of which is this pack of Chocolate-Buttons (which had their own mythos when I WAS a kid!), branded to Freddy (is he Freddy or Freddo?) Frog.

Big Heads; Big-Heads; Cadbury's Chocolate Drops; Cadbury's Dairy Milk; Cadbury's Freddo; Cadbury's Frog; Camel; Capsule Egg; Capsule Toys; Chocolate Drops; Dromedary; Freddo And His Friends; Freddo the Frog; Freddo Treasures; Freddy The Frog; Funko; Meeran; PVC Animals; Skye; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Styracosaurus; Suprise Egg; Triceratops; Wow Egg;
Not something I need, but I think a few have come-in in various Charity Shop mixed bags, and while I tend to send them back with one of my donations, I often photograph the stuff fisrt, so we may yet see a box-ticker collage here, in a few years! Swivel-head Funko-Pop knock-off!

Big Heads; Big-Heads; Cadbury's Chocolate Drops; Cadbury's Dairy Milk; Cadbury's Freddo; Cadbury's Frog; Camel; Capsule Egg; Capsule Toys; Chocolate Drops; Dromedary; Freddo And His Friends; Freddo the Frog; Freddo Treasures; Freddy The Frog; Funko; Meeran; PVC Animals; Skye; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Styracosaurus; Suprise Egg; Triceratops; Wow Egg;
While these Wow Eggs are in the newly reborn Izzies in town, Izzies were/are the local indie' discount store, who were threatening to close-down a while ago, but when Baker's went first, they hired one of its best men, and moved into a new store where the old Poundworld Plus was, a unit which has been empty sine I Blogged its demise back in 2018.

Except they've changed their name from Izzies, and I can't remember what the new name is! Their toy section remains half-and-half Tobar novelties and big-box 'Made in China' generics with light and sound, but these are new on the counter - they never did edibles before the move.

Big Heads; Big-Heads; Cadbury's Chocolate Drops; Cadbury's Dairy Milk; Cadbury's Freddo; Cadbury's Frog; Camel; Capsule Egg; Capsule Toys; Chocolate Drops; Dromedary; Freddo And His Friends; Freddo the Frog; Freddo Treasures; Freddy The Frog; Funko; Meeran; PVC Animals; Skye; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Styracosaurus; Suprise Egg; Triceratops; Wow Egg;
Manufactured/Distributed by Meeran of Harogate, Lincolnshire, they may be Turkish in origin, most of the lesser brands seem to connect there or Spain, but Italy too has rivals to Kinder, and I think the former Yugoslavia has claimed a brand or two (I have about 20 now, in the archives?). Also it's obviously channeling the Kinder Joy concept of a puddle-pudding with - single-use - scoop/spoon!

Generic capsule toys, I've had a version of that camel (roughly 1:72nd) in the micro-animal's unknown zone for years, they are OK for what they are, small rubber animals, I'll get a couple everytime I go in there, if every egg is going to contain something 'archive' worthy, they're better value than Ferrero's or the Poundland lot? The Ceratopsian is very small in scale!

No comments: