About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, September 19, 2022

S is for Scammers!

We saw one of these figures last year and I thought I'd try and get a full set for this year, and while there have been several on evilBay, they were either honestly claiming to have no figures and/or accessories, or two damn expensive! However I did find one which was both reasonable and 'appeared' to be complete . . . you know the rest Readers! But, more plaster-of-Paris in the stash!

4M; Brick N'Build; Brick'N'Build. Pirate Fortress; Home Moulding; ITLAPD; ITLAPD Talk Like A Pirate; Pirate Fortress; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Redbox; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Major; Toysmith;
Anyway, it was far too heavy to send back economically (what the seller was counting on!), so I scanned the box, archived the instruction sheet and took his pathetic excuses in exchange for a neutral feedback! If it had been more obvious he would have got a 'red', I like to give out two or three of those a year!

4M; Brick N'Build; Brick'N'Build. Pirate Fortress; Home Moulding; ITLAPD; ITLAPD Talk Like A Pirate; Pirate Fortress; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Redbox; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Major; Toysmith;
Anyway . . . to help you ID them in mixed or loose lots (how I will do it now; slowly!), here they are, and they are nice sculpts, although they are in two colours on the box, I've only ever seen them in silver?

4M; Brick N'Build; Brick'N'Build. Pirate Fortress; Home Moulding; ITLAPD; ITLAPD Talk Like A Pirate; Pirate Fortress; Pirate Novelty; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Redbox; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Major; Toysmith;
The accessories may help you ID a mixed lot where the figures are buried under army-men, or mixed-in with the similar Redbox and Toy Major-Toysmith ones! That's it; 4M Brick'N'Build Pirate Fortress, half box-ticked, or box half-ticked!

No comments: