About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, September 26, 2022

Y is for Yes, Well, That Was a Bit of a Wash-Out!

Wait all year for ILAPD and get hammered by a cold! Let me explain; Pirate Day was not supposed to happen as it did, but that I managed three posts was probably a minor miracle, because by Tuesday I was having some bloody odd dreams while snoozing for the best part of two days!

On the Saturday (17th), we'd had the Sandown Park Toy Fair, at which Adrian (he's not here to defend himself!) gave me the cold he'd brought back from Portugal a day or two earlier, and it didn't hang around, it hit me like a bus on Sunday afternoon, and while I muddled-through on the 20-image 'intro' post, it took me all night!

I then slept 'till lunchtime, and managed to get the two quick ones out, hoping to work on the other two posts that afternoon/evening, but the body refused and I lost most of the rest of the week, while having a parallel mini-adventure with the car, and discovering HMRC are claiming to have lost more paperwork, despite my having the signature from the Post Office!

I had half a mind to do a NITLAPD (Not Talk like a Pirate . . . ) day to catch-up, but to be honest, they can wait, one of them's already been held-over for a year, another-year won't hurt! There's still plenty in the queue, including the stuff left from RTM, and other things mentioned in passing, about 20 'Seen Elsewhere' folders, several new 'H is for's, the rest of the old ones and all sorts of other stuff . . . I'm going to try and get the Sandown report out later this evening.

So, in the end I just had a lazy week! But, what I would say, is, whatever Adrian and I had, it's probably this Australian cold they've been on  about on the Radio, and it's OK, in that it's a head cold that clears-up quite quickly, but it's pretty debilitating the first few days, and it's fluey-enough to make your bones and muscles ache, so best avoided if you get some warning.

And . . . nice things to look forward to for next year! I suppose we need a picture here?

Capsule Toy; Ferrero; Ferrero Kinder; Gift Eggs; Gift-Eggs; Hover Craft; Hovercraft; Kinder; Novelty Prize Toys; Prize Eggs; Rollykins; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
F is for Follow-up - Kinder and Hovercraft!

2 comments:

Chris Smith said...

Nice Haul Hugh. The black bust is "Sir Topham Hatt" from the Thomas the tank engine game, as you suspected 1986 Waddingdons .

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Chris, you've left this under the next post down, so I'll add a note!

H