About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 8, 2022

T is for Two - Phidal's Latest

Pleased to say TKMaxx have had a Phidal top-up in time for Christmas, and I've grabbed two - so you don't have to, but you might want to after you've seen them! It's funny, when Spectrum Steve first ID'd these it was fun finding them all and learning to recognise them in mixed lots, now it's a case of keeping up with the output to tick the boxes!

Abuela Alma; Antonio; Bruno; Capybara; Chiguiro; Chispi Capybara; Chispi Chiguiro; Christopher Robin; Disney Encanto; Disney Pooh; Dolores; Eeyore; Encanto; Isabela; Jaguar; Kanger; Luisa; Madrigal Family; Mirabel; My Busy Book; Owl; Parce Jaguar; Phidal Encanto; Phidal Pooh Bear; Phidal Publishing; Pico; Piglet; Plastic Toy Figures; Pooh Bear; Rabbit; Roo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tigger; Winnie The Pooh;
There were four that I could see, the Disney Christmas one Brian Berke sent to the blog a few weeks ago, a 'Cars' one (I have no interest in anthropomorphic vehicles!) and these two, sadly it's the Disney Pooh, not the original, but then we'll never see the original one again - Disney Pooh; insert you own acerbic joke here! Encanto was new to me when also in that Brian B post, from Walmart on that occasion; here's the Phidal set, and I believe a second movie (some underwater stuff) is on the way?

Abuela Alma; Antonio; Bruno; Capybara; Chiguiro; Chispi Capybara; Chispi Chiguiro; Christopher Robin; Disney Encanto; Disney Pooh; Dolores; Eeyore; Encanto; Isabela; Jaguar; Kanger; Luisa; Madrigal Family; Mirabel; My Busy Book; Owl; Parce Jaguar; Phidal Encanto; Phidal Pooh Bear; Phidal Publishing; Pico; Piglet; Plastic Toy Figures; Pooh Bear; Rabbit; Roo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tigger; Winnie The Pooh;
Everything you need for a decent Pooh adventure in the 100 Aker Wood with all the characters except Penguin, who was a late addition and is not well known. The jar of honey though seems too big for a bear with even 'very-little brain' to get his head stuck in?

Abuela Alma; Antonio; Bruno; Capybara; Chiguiro; Chispi Capybara; Chispi Chiguiro; Christopher Robin; Disney Encanto; Disney Pooh; Dolores; Eeyore; Encanto; Isabela; Jaguar; Kanger; Luisa; Madrigal Family; Mirabel; My Busy Book; Owl; Parce Jaguar; Phidal Encanto; Phidal Pooh Bear; Phidal Publishing; Pico; Piglet; Plastic Toy Figures; Pooh Bear; Rabbit; Roo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tigger; Winnie The Pooh;
Lovely Jaguar; Parce, is the highlight here, along with a large Capybara or Chiguiro; Chispi which is also preferable to the humans, in my eyes anyway! But then I haven't seen the movie . . . but I'm thinking along the lines of - they are quite realistic sculpts (for cartoon animals) and could probably be painted to be more so, realistic that is?

Abuela Alma; Antonio; Bruno; Capybara; Chiguiro; Chispi Capybara; Chispi Chiguiro; Christopher Robin; Disney Encanto; Disney Pooh; Dolores; Eeyore; Encanto; Isabela; Jaguar; Kanger; Luisa; Madrigal Family; Mirabel; My Busy Book; Owl; Parce Jaguar; Phidal Encanto; Phidal Pooh Bear; Phidal Publishing; Pico; Piglet; Plastic Toy Figures; Pooh Bear; Rabbit; Roo; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tigger; Winnie The Pooh;
Both sets are the new ten-count, but they are big, I struggled to get them in the standard archiving 4x5½ bags I use, and they both got 5x9's after this shot. Consider that the sets of 12 superheroes' back at the start of this Phidal odyssey would fit the smaller bags loosely!

2 comments:

Andy B said...

I ABSOLUTELY HATE Disney's Winnie the Pooh!

Hugh Walter said...

With you Andy, strange little mouse-nosed critter!

H