About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, December 12, 2022

T is for Two - Machine Gunners

As I may have intimated, I acquired a few machine-gunners the other day, and while most of them will just be filtered into the collection for future use, there were one or two which are worth a closer look as stand-alone figures.

金; Belgian Machine Gunner; Belgian Toy Figurines; Belgian Toy Soldiers; Blow Moulded Toy MG; Japanese Machine Gunner; Japanese Toy Soldiers; Japanses Toy MG; JSB Belgium; Machine Gunner; Machine Gunners; Machine Guns; Machinegun Novelty; Machinegun Team; Made in Belgium; Made in Japan; MG Gunners; MG Team; MG Toy; Novelty Machine Gun; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Machine Gunners; Toy Soldiers;
This is the Belgian firm of JSB, you may remember I had a very poor figure from them which I seemed to save with a thick coat of plumber's sealant a few years ago (he was still fine and stable last time I looked), he was also a pretty realistic figure, not something which can be claimed for this chap, who's channeling American 'dimestore' sculpts from the likes of Barkley or Manoil; single-highhandedly engaging aircraft (or cliff-top dwellers) with a 40mm pom-pom!

His barrel was very bent (further up, like a priapic flaking flak gun!), but I mannaged to bend it the other way with the hot-water system, although I was very careful and had several incremental goes, as I do't know what polymer this is, some phenol, formaldehyde or cellulose-based material I suspect? Proper toy soldier!

金; Belgian Machine Gunner; Belgian Toy Figurines; Belgian Toy Soldiers; Blow Moulded Toy MG; Japanese Machine Gunner; Japanese Toy Soldiers; Japanses Toy MG; JSB Belgium; Machine Gunner; Machine Gunners; Machine Guns; Machinegun Novelty; Machinegun Team; Made in Belgium; Made in Japan; MG Gunners; MG Team; MG Toy; Novelty Machine Gun; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Machine Gunners; Toy Soldiers;
As is this fellow, a seven-part assembly of blow-moulded and vac-formed polystyrene (or celluloid, but I think the former in this case) sheet from Japan, he has moving arms and may have had a moving head once; it's now glued, fixed to the front. I don't recognise the logo-mark, which seems to be a single China-Japan-Korea compatible ideograph character '' ?

But what a fantastic survivor of 1950's novelty tat. And; out of six successful bids (and one bidding war) to get most of them (one lot was lost to someone else), not to mention some mail-fail, probably my favourite out of the whole lot!

No comments: