About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

C is for Christmas Present . . . to Myself!

Did I already have a Christmas present to myself? Well, obviously it was a good Christmas! I'm only posting these as I haven't time to post what I was going to, and the final Sandown post has been declared 'Rump Post', broken up and sent back to the mixed files by subject!

Alexandre Dumas; Aramis; Athos; Charles de Batz de Castelmore; Count d'Artagnan; D'Artagnan 1611-1675 (28); Gardes Françaises; Gilbert France; Gilbert Plastic Toy Soldiers; Gilbert Toy Figures; Hugh Walter; Hugh Walter's Blog; Musketeers of the Guard; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Porthos; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Three Musketeers; The Vicomte de Bragelonne; Toy Figures; Toy Soldiers; Twenty Years After;
These are the Gilbert C15th Musketeers, although which is which I don't know and as they all have mustaches I can't even guess at a younger-than-the-other-three one, who might be considered to be d'Artagnan!

Alexandre Dumas; Aramis; Athos; Charles de Batz de Castelmore; Count d'Artagnan; D'Artagnan 1611-1675 (28); Gardes Françaises; Gilbert France; Gilbert Plastic Toy Soldiers; Gilbert Toy Figures; Hugh Walter; Hugh Walter's Blog; Musketeers of the Guard; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Porthos; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Three Musketeers; The Vicomte de Bragelonne; Toy Figures; Toy Soldiers; Twenty Years After;
Other colours and clear evidence (Top left) of multiple cavities, most are missing their swords which are just stiff wire heat-stuck into the gloved hands. I will replace mine in the fullness of time ad try to get a post out of it, I even found two lengths of case-hardened, gun-blacked piano or harp wire with a light dusting of rust on, the other day; just the thing to do the job with!

Alexandre Dumas; Aramis; Athos; Charles de Batz de Castelmore; Count d'Artagnan; D'Artagnan 1611-1675 (28); Gardes Françaises; Gilbert France; Gilbert Plastic Toy Soldiers; Gilbert Toy Figures; Hugh Walter; Hugh Walter's Blog; Musketeers of the Guard; Plastic Toy Soldiers; Porthos; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Three Musketeers; The Vicomte de Bragelonne; Toy Figures; Toy Soldiers; Twenty Years After;
Bearing in mind that the Crescent's were 'small' 54mm when we measured them a while ago, it's still fair to say the Musketeers are a 'large' 54mm, heading toward 60mm in this chaps case, with that flouncy hat-brim! Can you believe the real musketeers were 400-odd years ago? It flies-by so quick . . . anyway, that's them, box ticked!
 
Now identified by Brain Carrick as Rene Fisher (RF), not Guilbert, But I have picked-up a couple of Guilbert by accident, along with two more lots of these and a pair of Ludorev, so there'll be a 'corrections and clarifications' post in due course! 

3 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

For the third picture down:

“You are very amiable, no doubt, but you would be charming if you would only depart.”

― Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

Hugh Walter said...

:-))

H

Hugh Walter said...

Now identified by Brain Carrick as Rene Fisher (RF), not Guilbert, But I have picked-up a couple of Guilbert by accident, along with two more lots of these and a pair of Ludorev, so there'll be a 'corrections and clarifications' post in due course!

H