About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, January 19, 2023

F is for Follow-up - Mini Models Disney Jungle Book

I had this from Peter Evans a few days after I posted the last lot of Dave Pomeroy stuff;

". . . the Jungle Book, there is a drawing on the Mini Models box of Sher Khan. I think this was a proposed range that never went into production- maybe even cereal premiums."

There was more on the Napoleonics but they will get their own follow-up when I shoot the rest, but anyway I messaged him back;

"Pretty much my thoughts on the later, but I did see an orange Sher Khan the other day in an overpriced mixed-lot (took the image) painted like my yellow-one, so they may have been factory-glued and cleared in counter-boxes? Those old white ones with him on it . . . which I'd forgotten, so thanks for all that . . ."

Only . . . it wasn't overpriced, and I had left a bid, which I'd already totally forgotten about when messaging Peter, until the following Sunday when I got a 'You have won, pay NOW you tightarse!' message from fleaBay, only for a mixed lot of mostly shite to turn-up a few days later!

Dave Pomeroy; David Pomeroy; Disney Jugle Book; Disney Jungle Book; Havant; Havent; Hugh Walter; Hugh Walter's Blog; Mini Models; Minimodels; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tri Ang Toys; Tri-ang Toys; Triang Toys;

Anyway, this was among the shite (along with a complete Marx Rollykins Dalek!), it's the only one I think I've ever seen, and has the same [white] paint as my yellow one, but with added black eyes and stripes (mostly rubbed-off now), so some kind of issue must have occurred, if only limited, or local to the South East coast? A awful lot of Minimodels stuff has appeared locally, some of it at Reading (Swallowfield bypass) or the A3 car-boot sales, over the years!

And the box, with the tiger on it, which I'd also totally forgotten about was seen on the blog many years ago, here, but only as a very small thumbnail (first image); I wasn't as good at imagery back at the start of the blog, so maybe we'll re-do some of the older posts in the future? Although it's all destined to appear on the A-Z Blogs eventually!

However you can see it's the same sculpt pretty much, so at some point they must have been included in/issued with the standard counter-top box, which is quite small, but would hold maybe two-each of the set? He's lost his tail, but seems rareish, so he'll do for now!

No comments: