About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, January 2, 2023

H is for How they Come In - Peter I

It's the second of January already, how did that happen, one minute we're at Christmas, next the month is whizzing-by at a rate of knots! I was moving furniture today and am now as stiff as a old man, which is hardly surprising, but a bit of a sit down and some typing/Internet faffing will be a needed break before I carry more books downstairs!

These came winging their way to SSW Towers back a the start of November, a nice handful of rack-toy Army Men and some AFV's, against the aim of one day having one of everything (an impossible task but noble aim, I feel!) they will all go to the To Be Sorted (TBS) zone for a future sorting session which will be of epic proportions and probably need several tables at once!

A few more interesting bits include an MPC ACW figure for whom I will need to find a musket, a cake-decoration dove with a icing-pick that could kill a Russian revolutionary, and Hilco knight on the upper row, with a lead figure from one of the coronation coaches (Charbens? We looked at them here briefly) and a Kinder 'Frozen' figurine, to whom's set the transparent blue horse belongs - which we either saw the other day, or will see soon?

But next to the old lead guardsman, is a more generic fellow in white trousers (pass for a Dane or some South American mob?) who I suspect is a doll's house toy soldier, could be die-cast, but is probably pewter, I'm not going to find out by digging! Many thanks as always to Peter Evans, for this lot.

2 comments:

Andy B said...

So Trotsky was killed by a cake decoration!

Hugh Walter said...

Possibly Andy, possibly! Mr Cornwall (Hugh - no less!) never elaborated!

H