About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, April 16, 2022

C is for Coronations . . . Don'cha Just Lov'em!

We're about to have another one you know! Hopefully the last, and yes, I know I did a couple of Royalist posts ten or twelve years ago, but I know now, what I didn't know then, or didn't fully understand!

Hill-Hilco-Hillco-Hill and Co.,Johillco - Johilco,Britains,Benbros,Lesney,Royalty,Coronation,Wagons,Metal - Hollow Cast,1:Micro-scale,30mm,40mm,HO - OO,Metal - Lead,Metal - Die Cast,C
Found in the garage yesterday and taken straight to storage, but I fired off a quick shot. Somehow I doubt there will be the same plethora of die-casts issued this time, and most of the issuers (some of whom reused tools from previous coronations - we had four or five (going on the stamp-faces) in less than fifty years!) have long gone, along with their tool-banks.

I think there are elements of Hill, Benbros, Britains and Lesney here? I'm tagging them all anyway! It's a whole box of metal, from the small-scale only collector-days!

No comments: