About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, April 2, 2022

I is for It Was the First of April!

OK, so yesterday's posts were both attempts at April Fools; the Airfix Space Tank is actually the Centurion card mucked about with in Picasa (I was pleased with the shadow of the firing lever! While the Revell kit is by an unknown artist and was kicking around on Faceplant the other day with no byline, so hat's of to the original artist - if anyone knows him, let us know!
 
I actually posted several edits on different groups or threads on Thursday as I worked on it, so with yesterday's shares it's got out there!
 
I'm still not comfortable posting, given everything that's going on, but i realise that life must go on, and if Putin's going to start WWIII I may only have  a few weeks to get 15-years worth of work done, so it behoves me to just get on with it, however there is still Real life stuff in the background too, but I'll get back to posting something!

In the meantime I did post some stuff over at the But Is It Giant Blog; the Giant 'Space Men' got their day in the sun with five posts covering the main points
 
While I also took a closer look at the three Roman cards, previously seen in the 'page' at the top of this screen.
 
 
If you go over there and scroll they will all be in the reverse order to above!

2 comments:

French Follower said...

good fish of april

Hugh Walter said...

Thank's FF, I had to look-up French April Fish, but it's all clear now and I've learnt something I didn't know. We have the expression "Better than a slap in the face from a wet kipper" (smoked herring), which doen't have a connection to April, but is definitely 'silliness'!

H