About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

F is for Follow-up - Fresh Fellows from B&M Stores

These arrived in my inbox within the hour (at time of writing] this evening, but as I was clearing follow-ups today, they can go up right away! Cheers to Chris Smith for sending these, which are a follow up to this shelfie post of last Christmas. Chris's blub will more than suffice, after the shots;

373491; 76 Piece Army Set; B&M 76 Piece Army Set; B&M Military Responce; B&M Retail; B&M Retail Ltd.; B&M Stores; Centz Stores 7; Military Responce; Military Response 76 Piece Army Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;

373491; 76 Piece Army Set; B&M 76 Piece Army Set; B&M Military Responce; B&M Retail; B&M Retail Ltd.; B&M Stores; Centz Stores 7; Military Responce; Military Response 76 Piece Army Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;

373491; 76 Piece Army Set; B&M 76 Piece Army Set; B&M Military Responce; B&M Retail; B&M Retail Ltd.; B&M Stores; Centz Stores 7; Military Responce; Military Response 76 Piece Army Set; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
"... you had these as a shelfie Dec 21st in a tub from B&M. Already appearing in mixed lots! 8 poses in two colours, yes some based on Matchbox, the crawling figure the most obvious and then 3 based on German and Afrika Korps that retain the cylindrical gas mask canister. One officer in my lot has a sticker  on the underside of the base. Possibly useful as military Junta or mercenaries? Better quality than a lot of cheapo stuff but weapons a bit cartoonish."

And it just remains for me to thank Chris for the update and close-ups - out there now and already cheaper than the not-much B&M Stores were charging three months ago (£5) . . . and probably still are!

No comments: