About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, April 18, 2022

B is for Bunnies - 3 - Chocolate Bunnies and Bits!

As I was replying to Brain's eMails last night it crossed my mind I hadn't checked Picasa for any 'Easter' tagged folder/s waiting patiently for their day, so I did and found one with two images, to which I added a third later, this is the crumbs of Easter, at the end of a nusy weekend on the Blog!

Anthropomorphic Animals; Cadbury's Rabbit; Chcolate Hares; Chocolate Rabbits; Goula; Lindt Chocolate Hare; Miscellaneous Novelties; Osterhase; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wind In The Willows;
A Cadbury's mini 'super-bunny' compared with two sizes of the famous Lindt gold bunny, I think this was my edible haul at Easter 2019, when the world was still sane'ish! And - to be honest - I think most of them are supposed to be hares (Osterhase), but we ran with a Bunny trope this year!

Anthropomorphic Animals; Cadbury's Rabbit; Chcolate Hares; Chocolate Rabbits; Goula; Lindt Chocolate Hare; Miscellaneous Novelties; Osterhase; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wind In The Willows;
Brian sent these last May and while the aim was a Wind in the Willows post, I felt they were eggy enough for an Esater post, I think they are Ceramic gift-shop ware, but they could be chalkware and I don't know who the maker/branding is?

Anthropomorphic Animals; Cadbury's Rabbit; Chcolate Hares; Chocolate Rabbits; Goula; Lindt Chocolate Hare; Miscellaneous Novelties; Osterhase; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wind In The Willows;
Downloaded these from an eBay lot a while back, couldn't resist them! They are by Goula (who's wooden station with plastic flats (nice book-ending to the days posts!) we saw on the Blog here - fourth image down), and they too are all wood . . . and wire.

That's about it for today, Happy what's left of Easter!

4 comments:

Terranova47 said...

The Wind in the Willows dioramas were an exclusive to CVS the US drug store chain. Growing up in the UK the book was a childhood favourite and I was surprised to find them on sale in the US where the book isn't as widely read.

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Terra', you probably told me at the time, but I didn't ahve time last night, and fired off the last two this morning asap!

H

Gisby said...

The 'sexy angel' is a copy of the Marx Blue Fairy (From Pinocchio)' I can't add an image but Google Search 'Marx Blue Fairy'

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Gisby - you must have come on a direct link . . . it's already done, update the next day! But I appreciate the attention!

H