About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, January 15, 2023

News, Views etc . . . Barney's Back

And firing on all cylinders with two post-holiday messages and a sale! On thursday this message;

"Dear collector, a belated Happy New Year to all our customers and friends across the World! I'd like to thank Aaron at Dorset Tech for updating the website, which had not been fully functioning since December. The landing page has been updated to include the date for the upcoming Plastic Warrior show in May*, where Herald Toys and Models will have our usual array of vintage plastic toy soldiers and models. This month we are continuing to add figures from the extensive Manhattan and Wiltshire collections, some of which will also be available via our eBay shop. We are always happy to try and find that elusive figure or model you're looking for. With all best wishes for 2023! Barney."

And today this news arrived;

"...our January SALE is now on amongst several categories including ACW, Battle of Waterloo, Cherilea, Crescent, Lone Star, the Roger Saunders and Wiltshire Collections"

So I advise getting over there (Herald Toys & Models) and seeing if there's something which tickles your fancy!

*Saturday May the 13th, The Winning Post, Whitton, Twickenham, London, TW2 6LS, UK

No comments: