About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

S is for Starcom

Look what turned-up in the 'wash'! Action-figures, I have proper, real, bone-fide, genuine action-figures in the pile! But, the trope here is they are 54mm action figures. My sample is actually crap, but then it's a sample not something on the 'searching-for' list!

Action Figures; Coleco; Mattel; Old Plastic Figures; Old Plastic Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Sci Fi Figurines; Sci Fi Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spacemen; Starcom; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toys;
Coleco for/with Mattel, from a TV-cartoon based line called Starcom there's far more to it than I can be bothered to explain, if you Google them you'll get all the info you need from the Sci-fi and LRG guys, who know this stuff backwards.

Real box-ticker; seven points of articulation including a gimbal head/neck joint, all bar one of mine are missing their visors and they have magnets in their boots, so if you happen to have a piece of industrial shelving nearby you can make them stand sideways, and err . . . that's about it! But they are 54mm!

The funny thing is, 'red-guy' has a logo like NATO's symbol, the two either side of him are channelling Triang's Battle Space and the three (bad guys?) to the right on the top row are wearing the colour-reversed insignia of 3rd Division! Also - I have no idea how many there are 'cos every time I get one (all from mixed 'junk' lots) they are different from all the others!

No comments: