About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Q is for Quintet of Qhaki Qombat Qontributions

As a follow-up to the earlier post . . . 

54mm Figures; 54mm Plastic Figures; 54mm Swoppets; 54mm Toy Soldiers; American GI's; Cherilea 54mm Soldiers; Cherilea British Infantry; Cherilea German Infantry; Cherilea GI's; Cherilea Khaki Infantry; Cherilea Modern Infantry; Cherilea Plastic Soldiers; Cherilea Swoppets; Cherilea Toy Figures; Cherilea UN Troops; Cherilea WWII Toy Soldiers; German Toy Soldiers; Old Plastic Figures; Old Plastic Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; UN Infantry; UN Troops; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers;
We did look at my 1st version [very] small sample a while ago, to which I have added a few bits, but not enough for a return; however Theo van der Weerden sent this to the blog , these are late issue, intermediate type (no separate boots) with the same bases as the final types (previous post) and you can see both the rival Timpo DNA in the webbing and the helmet carried-over almost the same to the last version British troops in the previous post.

When they come with these blue-grey helmets I suspect they are trying to be more UN infantry, so I've left that in the Tag list from the earlier post, but I've added 60mm, as some of these chaps are heading that way. Also note that they get an LMG/Bren instead of the GPMG and their rifles appear to be 'up-and-under' shotguns! Cheers Theo!

No comments: