About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, November 25, 2018

F is for Found . . . Again!

I got the Highlander box back out of the attic and dug the newer stuff out of the Historical-Colonial-Ceremonial TBS (to be sorted) box they were hiding in.

Britains Herald; Cherilea 54mm Soldiers; Cherilea Highland Bandsmen; Cherilea Plastic Bandsman; Cherilea Plastic Musician; Cherilea Toy Soldiers; Crescent 60mm Highlander; Crescent Highland Bandsmen; Drum Major; Drummers; Herald Highlander; Herald Hong Kong; Highland Bandsmen; Highland Pipes & Drums; Highland Toy Figures; Highlanders; Hilco Highland Bandsmen; Hilco Highland Pipes & Drums; Hilco Plastic Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Seen here with the Dewar's chap from the other day, who's been taken out of the C/D/E box to join the rest in the thematic box. The Cherilea Airfix and Timpo (et al) Napoleonic or other fighting troops don't go in here, this is just for ceremonials, both marching or attention riflemen and 'Pipes and Drums'.

Advertisement; Advertising Premiums; Bandsmen; Britains; Britains Copy; Britains Herald; Christmas; Dewar's; Drum Major; Herald Highlander; Herald Hong Kong; Highlanders; Hong Kong; Minor Makes C/D/E; Old Plastic Figures; Old Toy Soldiers; plinth; Plug-in Base; Premium Toy Figures; Premium Toy Highlander; PVC Vinyl-Rubber; Separate Arm; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Statistics; Stats; Traffic Stats; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Whisky; White Label;
He is a good copy! I don't have a Hong Kong-for-Britains vinyl one, so we'll have to look again to make sure one day; as those HK-Britains ones were themselves 'copies' of the Herald sculpts, but I think he must be a pantographic clone!

No comments: