About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

D is for Dewar's

This was in the same box as the Condor stuff; 'Minor Makes C/D/E', although I suspect the 'make' is Britains Hong Kong facility! Until I dig the 'Highlanders' box out again (it was in my hands the other day, but went up to the attic), probably over Christmas, I can't check the finer points, it may be the late Britains moulding, it may be a copy.

Advertisement; Advertising Premiums; Bandsmen; Britains; Britains Copy; Christmas; Dewar's; Drum Major; Highlanders; Hong Kong; Minor Makes C/D/E; Old Plastic Figures; Old Toy Soldiers; plinth; Plug-in Base; Premium Toy Figures; Premium Toy Highlander; PVC Vinyl-Rubber; Separate Arm; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Statistics; Stats; Traffic Stats; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Whisky; White Label;
The 'Dewar's' plinth advertising the product is polystyrene, the figure in a PVC vinyl-rubber and the painting is definitely not Britains, so I suspect a good copy!

Advertisement; Advertising Premiums; Bandsmen; Britains; Britains Copy; Christmas; Dewar's; Drum Major; Highlanders; Hong Kong; Minor Makes C/D/E; Old Plastic Figures; Old Toy Soldiers; plinth; Plug-in Base; Premium Toy Figures; Premium Toy Highlander; PVC Vinyl-Rubber; Separate Arm; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Statistics; Stats; Traffic Stats; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Whisky; White Label;
It's the holes in the feet which make for the Britains link, the separate arm also being a feature of the Britains figures - I'm 50/50 decided/undecided on the moulding - obviously it's the Britains pose; I'll do a direct comparison next time . . . for all I know it's in the Great Book of Britains, but that's buried in the garage at the moment!

To that end, I have removed it from the C/D/E box and will add it to the Highlander box, increasingly I seem to be going that way, the small scale are still sorted first by make, then by wider types, while the boxed/bagged/carded stuff is a bit mixed in all scales, but the loose, large-scale is best sorted thematically, even if the make is known.

The Zombies got their own box the other day and it already has five types in, although I cheated slightly by deciding October 31st's Mummies from Brian B were 'living dead', not 'skeletons' and therefore 'zombies' of a sort!

Advertisement; Advertising Premiums; Bandsmen; Britains; Britains Copy; Christmas; Dewar's; Drum Major; Highlanders; Hong Kong; Minor Makes C/D/E; Old Plastic Figures; Old Toy Soldiers; plinth; Plug-in Base; Premium Toy Figures; Premium Toy Highlander; PVC Vinyl-Rubber; Separate Arm; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Statistics; Stats; Traffic Stats; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Whisky; White Label;
If you're wondering why the short-posts and box-tickers this week, it's that time of year when you are all finishing jobs, getting work in, completing contracts, moving house (believe it - busiest time of year for estate agents), visiting friends and relatives, doing the annual shopping expeditions and such-like, so there's a drop-off in your attention spans and over-all visits, so I'm getting easy stuff out, ticking boxes, clearing some stuff out of Picasa and - hopefully - keeping it varied and/or finding something to interest you along the way, while topping-up the tag-list!

No comments: