About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

PIF et pour Hercule!

Which is French for Hercules, which is odd, because normally the French add a letter or two, or another word (la bayie = eBay), but on this occasion they've clipped it as short as a detective's moustache!  Just a quick one, for which I will struggle to produce enough blurb to accompany the images, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, let's see what I can do with the crumbs . . .

Anthropomorphic Cat; Anthropomorphic Toy; Cartoon Cat; Cartoon Character; Cartoon Mascot; French Pif Comic; Kids Comic Character; Old Plastic Toy; Pif; Pif Cat; Premium Toy Cat; Premiums; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic; Vintage Toy;
Could be Felix, could be Beano (was he called Beano; Dandy? Corky!), could be Tom (ears are too small), could almost be Figaro (standing up!) Fritz, Reddy, Rex, Max even the (never-seen?) 'smelly cat', but he's actually Hercule one of the mascots of Pif Gadget a French kids comic/magazine of the interactive/activity type, think Uncle Remus play-kits, with a stapled spine and comic strips!

Anthropomorphic Cat; Anthropomorphic Toy; Cartoon Cat; Cartoon Character; Cartoon Mascot; French Pif Comic; Kids Comic Character; Old Plastic Toy; Pif; Pif Cat; Premium Toy Cat; Premiums; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic; Vintage Toy;
There was a website I think, or is there something on the publication in Figurines Publicitaires? Both pieces are clearly marked and I think they were attached to the cover in a small frame a bit like R&L kits in breakfast cereal? And there were other give-aways, until quite recently.

Anthropomorphic Cat; Anthropomorphic Toy; Cartoon Cat; Cartoon Character; Cartoon Mascot; French Pif Comic; Kids Comic Character; Old Plastic Toy; Pif; Pif Cat; Premium Toy Cat; Premiums; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic; Vintage Toy;
That's it; I've run out of blurb! Did I say there were two parts and you had to put them together yourself? It's a modern dense polyethylene or polypropylene in a metallic gold material, 45/50mm depending on how hard you push the locating-studs into the base and whether or not you count the base! It's an anthropomorphic cat!

No comments: