About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

F is for Football - 2 - W is for Wilton and not Wilton!

When I was editing this post I was sure I had posted the Wilton set, however I couldn't find any photographs in the Wilton folder, so I guess I never got round to it, and as they sat there in the collection I just convinced myself I had? If they are on the Blog there will be a link here now! [No - I didn't]

But that meant I would need to post the Wilton's here to compare with the Anniversary House version - which the post was always about . . . anyway; it gave us a slightly weird title and here are both sets, with the - probably latter - Anniversary House to the fore and a quick comparison with the Wilton set at the end!

Anniversary House, Anniversary House Cake Decorations, Anniversary House Footballers, Anniversary House Soccer Players, Cake Decoration Figures, Cake Decorations, Carded Toy, Football, Football Association, Football Game, Football Players, Knightsbridge PME Ltd., Players, PME, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Soccer, Soccer Football, Soccer Player Toys, Soccer Players, Wilton's, Wilton's Cake Decorations, Wilton's Footballers, Wilton's Soccer Players
This is the set currently findable in the UK from Anniversary House, you get one team in red or blue (I didn't get a blue set, but will go back for one now I know they are the same as the Wilton's - side collection!) and a goalie who can be with or against the other six?

Anniversary House, Anniversary House Cake Decorations, Anniversary House Footballers, Anniversary House Soccer Players, Cake Decoration Figures, Cake Decorations, Carded Toy, Football, Football Association, Football Game, Football Players, Knightsbridge PME Ltd., Players, PME, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Soccer, Soccer Football, Soccer Player Toys, Soccer Players, Wilton's, Wilton's Cake Decorations, Wilton's Footballers, Wilton's Soccer Players
Close-ups, the first thing one notices is that one of the players is wearing goal keeper's gloves and appears to be preparing to hand the ball . . . fowl! It was at this point I started to think "Are these the same poses as those Wilton's in the attic, I got a while back?"

Anniversary House, Anniversary House Cake Decorations, Anniversary House Footballers, Anniversary House Soccer Players, Cake Decoration Figures, Cake Decorations, Carded Toy, Football, Football Association, Football Game, Football Players, Knightsbridge PME Ltd., Players, PME, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Soccer, Soccer Football, Soccer Player Toys, Soccer Players, Wilton's, Wilton's Cake Decorations, Wilton's Footballers, Wilton's Soccer Players
The other players, and again, the standing player looked both a tad odd and a tad familiar, so it was off to the attic, wasn't it!

Anniversary House, Anniversary House Cake Decorations, Anniversary House Footballers, Anniversary House Soccer Players, Cake Decoration Figures, Cake Decorations, Carded Toy, Football, Football Association, Football Game, Football Players, Knightsbridge PME Ltd., Players, PME, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Soccer, Soccer Football, Soccer Player Toys, Soccer Players, Wilton's, Wilton's Cake Decorations, Wilton's Footballers, Wilton's Soccer Players
Sure enough they are the same! These are Wilton's figures, and we can see they are configured for three-a-side with two goalies in reverse-coloured strip and a referee!

The main differences are the bright green bases, the slightly more elaborate painting and the fact that the Anniversary House 10-shirt, is not only painted as a referee with Wilton, but has an obvious whistle.

Blue's goalie is calling for a fowl, as one of the reds has brought-down a blue in the box, the ref's just blown for a free-kick and the red goal-keeper knows it!

Anniversary House, Anniversary House Cake Decorations, Anniversary House Footballers, Anniversary House Soccer Players, Cake Decoration Figures, Cake Decorations, Carded Toy, Football, Football Association, Football Game, Football Players, Knightsbridge PME Ltd., Players, PME, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Soccer, Soccer Football, Soccer Player Toys, Soccer Players, Wilton's, Wilton's Cake Decorations, Wilton's Footballers, Wilton's Soccer Players
At 70mm-odd they are on the big side (Airfix referee for comparison), and you can see how the whistle has been blanked-off to create the 'new' player, otherwise there is no real difference between them and flesh/face-painting is the same on both sets.

I bought the Wilton lot in the same craft superstore in Basingrad where I photographed the 4M pirate fort set, back at Christmas 2011? So the Wilton may still be available, although a craft superstore has recently opened in Farnborough, and; upon inspection in the cake decoration department - no banana!

I'm hoping I can track down a Wilton one with the players opposite-painted so I can have four teams of six-a-side, with two ref's, once I've grabbed a dark blue Anniversary House set - which we will look at [briefly] another day before I put them in the attic!

No comments: