About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

T is for Toy Fair (British International Toy Fair 2018 Olympia, London)

As it's a week since I shot this. I really ought to get it up here! There will be lots more to come on the Toy Fair 2018, but I've got a mini-season 'in the bag' of which the first post was pencilled-in for this slot. As this is another example of my pretty poor videographer skills, and probably of not much appeal to most of you, the 12.30 post today will be the main one!

As it's nearly 10 years since I last attended the Toy Fair, the only thing I'll add here is that it seemed pretty busy, and I prefer it back at Olympia than down at Excel, where it was always a bind having everything split between two halls.

Olympia though was a bugger to get to on a weekday - 7th richest nation on earth (or has India pushed us to 8th?) and we don't run the Olympia-spur tube-trains on show days; if they don't fall on a weekend - that's 39-years of Tory bean-counting for you!

There's not only a shed-load of 'News, Views . . . ' stuff from November and December, it's now the November-December-January stuff making it more than a shed load, to which I can add a shed-load (or at least a jute-bag load!) of Toy Fair stuff as well, so a lot of toy news and company reviews to come.

I also have lots of stuff in the queue already, there's plenty in Brian's folder, in fact there's a new 2018 folder rapidly filling-up, while Peter's contributions haven't all been published. However - I have other things to do (real life crap), so after this week things may quieten-down a bit here, a daily post only maybe - with the odd gap, we'll see how we go!

4 comments:

Ranalcus said...

And you got my subscription on youtube now
Will be there any more photos/movies?

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks Ranalcus . . .difficult one really, I do intend to do more video, but as you can see from the two toy fair one's I have a lot to learn and probably need a better camera! I'm going to try more wildlife (off a tripod) and if they work, may do toy videos off the same tripod on sunny days!

H

Ranalcus said...

You will gain skill when ding something, experience from failure and constant work.
I am sure it will work great and in some time your's vids will be PRO level ones

Hugh Walter said...

You have more faith in me than I do Renalcus! Yeah . . . we'll see . . . H