About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

H is for Hot Wheel's Halo Hog

First purchase of the New Year (actually the second, I grabbed an evilBay lot before this, but it's still in the post!), a pound from Poundworld-Plus and a neat little thing, sadly lacking figures, and I'm struggling to think of some which will suit, I suspect Galoob's Starship Trooper bug-hunters will be closest!

On the card and I didn't even notice the Halo logo, thinking it was another of the current crop of special-force 'dune buggy' type support-weapon platforms that are around and about.

Truth is, it looks like the Lamborghini Cheetah of the 1970's, resembles several of the aforementioned SF fast-strike vehicles and looks nothing like anything we'll actually end up using in deep space ten-thousand years from now!

And that assumes we will ever get off this planet in a fit state to engage advanced civilisations in warfare! Funny little pink monkeys; if it ever happens it will last five minutes and we'll be someone else's breakfast, the common cold helping us . . . nought!

The weapon is a fixed-mount which I thought was disappointing, but I guess now these Hot Wheels and their equivalent Matchbox 1-75 and Jonny Lightning smallies are aimed at the one-$/£/ mark, extra playability will be kept to the minimum?

 I love the smell of a burning alien sky in the morning!

No comments: