About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

V is for Very Small Scale World

Picked this little muck-cart and draft horse up the other day . . .

1:12th Doll's House Toys; 1:12th Dolls Furniture; Cart; Cart toy; Doll's House Toys; Draft Animals; Draft Horse; Farm Cart; Lancashire Potato Cart; Mini Maria; Minnie Maria; Muck Wagon; N-Gauge; N-Gauge Scenics; Open Cart Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Cart; Toy Farm Cart; Toy Wagon; Tumbrel Cart; Wagon Horse; Wagons;
It's a solid box of a thing with no raves or side bars (smaller than ladders or supports - I've done my homework since we last looked at wagons!) or apparent fixings for them, so more of a wooden 'bucket' for manure or harvesting heavy goods; a Lancashire 'potato cart' perhaps, or something! I was going to compare it to the Britains tumbrel-cart but . . .

1:12th Doll's House Toys; 1:12th Dolls Furniture; Cart; Cart toy; Doll's House Toys; Draft Animals; Draft Horse; Farm Cart; Lancashire Potato Cart; Mini Maria; Minnie Maria; Muck Wagon; N-Gauge; N-Gauge Scenics; Open Cart Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Cart; Toy Farm Cart; Toy Wagon; Tumbrel Cart; Wagon Horse; Wagons;
. . . it's from the very, very small scale world! Although, it would be just right for 1:300 micro-armour, blocking a crossroads - I know; I always suggest the same scenario, but that's what wagons are for, it's the law; barricades or blocking roads!

I suspect this may be from or by the Minnie Maria people who made that miniature 1:12th doll's house toy Noah's Ark we looked at a few years ago? The depth of the gloss paint being the closest match, I'll tag it as such anyway?

No comments: