About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

F is for Follow-up - Q is for Question Time

I managed to get three Applause figures going reasonable, offov* that feebleBay the other day in order to do a proper comparison on the copies against the originals;

1996 Applause; 1996 Star Wars; Applause 1996; Applause Star Wars; Board Game; Buck Rogers in the 25th Century; Game Playing Pieces; Han Solo; Knock Offs; Leia Organa; Leia Skywalker; Luke Skywalker; Organa née Skywalker; Princess Leia; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Wars; Star Wars Figurines; Star Wars Knock Offs; Star Wars Toys; Unknown Toy Figures;
And this is what the whole caboodle looks like with 'Berserker' and the next closest pose; Han Solo. You can see that the 'Luke' pose is closest to the original Leia colouring, while the Leia-clone has gone-pink! If they aren't a cheepo rack-toy, I think they may be a two-player board game with a Sci-Fi subject-matter, although not necessarily Star Wars?

* It might not be in a dictionary, but if you know what I mean; it should be a word!

No comments: