About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

F is for Follow-up - Pioneer or Pioneer-like

It's always the way isn't it; in putting away some of the stuff I'd been keeping out for the last-week/weekend's posts I found stuff I'd needed for one  of those posts! Easier to read this in context with the previous post so click-here!

Contract Manufacturers; Firefighter Toys; Firefighters; Firemen; Ja-Ru Toys; Jaru Toys; Pioneer Die-Casts; Pioneer Hong Kong; Pioneer PVC; Pioneer Streetmachine; Pioneer Toys Manufactory Limited; Police Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Realtoy; Road Worker; Roadworkers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Smart Toys; Streetmachine; Supreme Toys; Teamsters;
Turned out I already had five, so clearly a set of three issued with small (or large) window boxed sets of the sort Pioneer, Realtoy, Smart and Supreme are all known for? The fact that one looks airport'ey strengthens the evidence for Pioneer in my opinion, but it is still circumstantial!

Contract Manufacturers; Firefighter Toys; Firefighters; Firemen; Ja-Ru Toys; Jaru Toys; Pioneer Die-Casts; Pioneer Hong Kong; Pioneer PVC; Pioneer Streetmachine; Pioneer Toys Manufactory Limited; Police Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Realtoy; Road Worker; Roadworkers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Smart Toys; Streetmachine; Supreme Toys; Teamsters;
Round up of all the military, this shot (or one similar) would have been in the previous post but I mislaid the four seen previously! Of course, while putting-away they turned-out to be exactly where I'd not looked twice, while saying to myself "No; you definitely wouldn't have put them there"!

Again evidence is a bit thin, but from that available so far, it looks like four poses in two sizes (some copied by Realtoy?), with me looking for three to complete pose sets, eleven to complete colour sets?

Contract Manufacturers; Firefighter Toys; Firefighters; Firemen; Ja-Ru Toys; Jaru Toys; Pioneer Die-Casts; Pioneer Hong Kong; Pioneer PVC; Pioneer Streetmachine; Pioneer Toys Manufactory Limited; Police Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Realtoy; Road Worker; Roadworkers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Smart Toys; Streetmachine; Supreme Toys; Teamsters;
These also turned up, and while made in the same polymer as the sandy/tan soldier, have the weird stepped-base of the green-camo' version, so can be considered potential Pioneer for the time being along with the rest.

You may recognise the kneeling policeman with M16 from a Rack-Toy Month, emergency-set figures' post a couple of years ago, when we looked at two or three versions of the pose; one of which was a relatively modern Ja-Ru-marked one.

This chap seems a tad bigger, and better etched, so while he may or may not be the original, if he isn't; he's closer than some of the others. And I think there are further versions in the TBS lots - I'll try to make a mental note to go through those boxes (emergency personnel and road-workers) - on the Blog - next RTM; only 10-months away!

No comments: