About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, August 21, 2021

F is for Flexible Friends; an Update

Not really rack toys per se, but in the same pocket money bracket, so acceptable in Rack Toy Month, I think, and it's a while since we had bendies, despite a shed-load of them a few years back, and this is another post which quickly went from 1 collage to six images in about five minutes!

Astronaught Bendy; Bendies; Bendy Bugs Bunny; Bendy Cowboys & Indians; Bendy Man; Bendy Spaceman; Bendy Toys; Brabo CBG Bv.; Hong Kong Bendies; Loony Tunes; Musketeer Bendy; NJ Croce; Schleich Astronaut; Schleich Bendy; Schleich Plastic Toy; Schleich Spaceman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Musketeers; Wild West Bendies; Yosemite Sam Bendy;
This came-in back in January I think? I've totally lost the plot this year on most things everything! Schleich bendy astro-spaceman type and he was going to be a stand-alone post, but then I remembered I had some wild west in the big folder who have been there for ages, as I keep forgetting what's in there!

Astronaught Bendy; Bendies; Bendy Bugs Bunny; Bendy Cowboys & Indians; Bendy Man; Bendy Spaceman; Bendy Toys; Brabo CBG Bv.; Hong Kong Bendies; Loony Tunes; Musketeer Bendy; NJ Croce; Schleich Astronaut; Schleich Bendy; Schleich Plastic Toy; Schleich Spaceman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Musketeers; Wild West Bendies; Yosemite Sam Bendy;
Unmarked they might be Hong Kong, but I have a feeling someone said they were Italian? It may be that the Italians also got them from Hong Kong, as these were in a pick-box in a newsagents' back at the start of the Blog, so not that old, but old stock!

Astronaught Bendy; Bendies; Bendy Bugs Bunny; Bendy Cowboys & Indians; Bendy Man; Bendy Spaceman; Bendy Toys; Brabo CBG Bv.; Hong Kong Bendies; Loony Tunes; Musketeer Bendy; NJ Croce; Schleich Astronaut; Schleich Bendy; Schleich Plastic Toy; Schleich Spaceman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Musketeers; Wild West Bendies; Yosemite Sam Bendy;
From behind; they are smaller too at about 54mm-compatable, to the Schleich's 70/80-odd (I didn't think to measure any of them - Doh!) and a softer PVC than most bendy-toys.

Astronaught Bendy; Bendies; Bendy Bugs Bunny; Bendy Cowboys & Indians; Bendy Man; Bendy Spaceman; Bendy Toys; Brabo CBG Bv.; Hong Kong Bendies; Loony Tunes; Musketeer Bendy; NJ Croce; Schleich Astronaut; Schleich Bendy; Schleich Plastic Toy; Schleich Spaceman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Musketeers; Wild West Bendies; Yosemite Sam Bendy;
Thinking there might be some more [bendies] I started going through the 800-odd toy folders and found these in the ''Brain 2016-17'' folder . . . whoops! So Mr Berke must have sent these during the main period of Bendy Posts, but somehow they got lost . . . by moi! I think we did look at some Brain-provided bendies at the time, and he definitely sent a NJ Croce figure or two to the Blog which got posted, but anyway . . . sorry Brian (Brian knows how much other stuff is in his folders, but it will all appear here, eventually!).

Loony Tunes bendies - how cool are they!

Astronaught Bendy; Bendies; Bendy Bugs Bunny; Bendy Cowboys & Indians; Bendy Man; Bendy Spaceman; Bendy Toys; Brabo CBG Bv.; Hong Kong Bendies; Loony Tunes; Musketeer Bendy; NJ Croce; Schleich Astronaut; Schleich Bendy; Schleich Plastic Toy; Schleich Spaceman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Musketeers; Wild West Bendies; Yosemite Sam Bendy;
I then finally realised I'd purchased these back in Jan/Feb sometime, probably about the same time as the Schliech? When I tried to clear 2021 by shoving a load of posts back to 2004, I'd left the spaceman in 2021, so there were two stand alone posts, eight forgotten Cowboys & Indians and the lost Loony Tunes in two different areas of the Picasa index and four folders! What am I like?

Astronaught Bendy; Bendies; Bendy Bugs Bunny; Bendy Cowboys & Indians; Bendy Man; Bendy Spaceman; Bendy Toys; Brabo CBG Bv.; Hong Kong Bendies; Loony Tunes; Musketeer Bendy; NJ Croce; Schleich Astronaut; Schleich Bendy; Schleich Plastic Toy; Schleich Spaceman; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Musketeers; Wild West Bendies; Yosemite Sam Bendy;

"I dub thee;

Sir Bent Bendie the Bender, of Bendsville, Bendsylvannia,

go forth and flex thyself!"

I think I bought them from a seller in France, thinking they might be Brabo, but they are just marked 'made in Hong Kong' on their back legs, but minty-fresh, or NOS as some put it! And possibly there might be more musketeers in the full set . . . and a Richelieu?

It's also worth noting that the above caption would have been considered inappropriate 30 or 40-years ago, but I'm pleased to say we've come far enough in our liberal tolerances that I don't think anyone uses the word in its negative connotation anymore?

So that's them then, 15 more bendies for the 'Bendy-toys' tag! I was in TK Maxx the other day and they didn't have any NJ Croce stuff, but they tend to get them in for Christmas, so I'll keep my eye out for them later in the year.

No comments: