About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

P is for Poundland's Prehistoric Plastic II, not!

I don't know if we've had that title before, but in case we have I added the 'II, not' just to be sure, it seems a little obvious as titles go? Anyway, despite the best efforts of SARS-COV II Covid 19 to keep us from the shops for half of last year and the first quarter of this, my vape-habit meant I had occasionally to take my face-mask for a walk to Poundland, where I kept a look out for the Series II dinosaurs, of the Series I we saw here a while ago; still no dice, but they did have these as a sort of consolation!

Apatosaurus; Carded Dinosaurs; Dinosaur Models; Parasaurolophus; Plastic Dinosaurs; PLOZ; Poundland; Prehisterror; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Stegosaurus; T-Rex; Toy Dinosaurs; TXA Dinosaurs; Tyrannosaurus; Tyrannosaurus Rex; Velociraptor;
The TXA is backed-up by a "Produced by PLOZ" of Walsall (West Midlands), so still a phantom brand or brand-mark, but for Poundland. These are larger than the pairs, still also carrying the Prehisterror line-title and only one per card and this time they didn't even have the "...rainbow-mauve Per'Terry-dactill!" I reported passing on back in November, but they did have the other four, so I grabbed them!

You can see why I passed on it, it was leerier than the image and far from being either a Velociraptor or a Per'Terry-dactill is more of a Foh-een-ix! I am reminded of the B-Movie about the big . . . dino-bird (?) hiding in the roof of the Chrysler Building and eating sun-bathers for breakfast - can't remember the name of it?

Apatosaurus; Carded Dinosaurs; Dinosaur Models; Parasaurolophus; Plastic Dinosaurs; PLOZ; Poundland; Prehisterror; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Stegosaurus; T-Rex; Toy Dinosaurs; TXA Dinosaurs; Tyrannosaurus; Tyrannosaurus Rex; Velociraptor;
But these are OK for a pound-a-piece, the blue eyes are a bit zombie-like, but that's the thing with cheapies - the paints always a bit simple!

That's it, box ticked, they're out there, now, for a quid!

1 comment:

tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.