About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, August 8, 2021

S is for Spiritual Spruce and Sacred Sequoia

Just a quickie, adding all the loose Totem Poles to their tub last night it struck me they were mostly from Rack Toys and against my one day doing them all again properly (because - as I've probably already bored you with - the old post can't be edited as the tag-rules changed on blogger a few years later and I can't save changes without deleting a bunch of the tags!), we might as well get them on the Totem Pole tag, here, for now!

BMC; BMC Totem Pole; Britains Copies; Britains Herald; Britains Hong Kong; Britains Wild West; China Made Totem Poles; Comansi Novalinea; Comansi Wild West; CTS; CTS Totem Pole; Hong Kong Totem Pole; Made in China; Made in Hong Kong; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Timpo Toys; Timpo Wild West; Totem Pole; Totem Poles; Wild West;
I think we've probably seen all of them (or versions of them before) and both Chris and Peter can be thanked for some of these I think, along with some deliberate purcheses by yours truly and a Charity Shop one or two?

Of particular interest is that the marked-Comansi one (PVC, forth from the left blue-on-red giving a purplish look) is smaller than the polystyrene China-made copy (2nd from left, red, white & blue), this is because pantographing can go either way, and those who tell you it always makes smaller copies don't understand the tech'! The silver one is near-flat and the Britains Hong Kong one is missing a base but was in the bag so got in the shot!

The current rack-toy one on the left is the biggest, with copies of Britains Herald and Timpo featuring, along with a grey version of the previously seen brown one from CTS or BMC - can't remember! The other brown one is also a copy of a European original I think, but again I can't remember and haven't the time to look it up [minutes later - Marx re-issue, it's on the old posts!] . . . that's it; Totem Poles . . . again!

No comments: