About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

L is for Lido Lookie-Likees!

Probably the last post of Rack Toy Month, unless I get another out this evening which is unlikely, as I have old printers to deal with! But as I said the other day, there's still loads in the RTM queue and while some can wait 'till next year, I'll try to work through a few in the weeks ahead. Medievals seem to have been ignored in RTM so I'll clear them first, but posting will go back to occasional as I still have a shed-load to do in real-life!

ACW Infantry; American Gi's; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong Novelty; Knights; Knights In Armour; Made in Hong Kong; Medieval Knights; Medieval Toy Figures; Novelty Toy; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toy Month; Rack Toy Plastic Knight; RTM; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tim Mee; Tim Mee American Civil War; Tim Mee American infantry; Tim Mee GI's; Tim Mee Knights; Tim-Mee;
We looked at my smallish sample of Lido-copy medievals a while ago, and how I worked out what they were; well, now I have the generic Hong Kong packaging! Horses are wackier colours than the realistic white and off-white of my pre-existing sample, but they're fun toys!

ACW Infantry; American Gi's; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong Novelty; Knights; Knights In Armour; Made in Hong Kong; Medieval Knights; Medieval Toy Figures; Novelty Toy; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toy Month; Rack Toy Plastic Knight; RTM; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tim Mee; Tim Mee American Civil War; Tim Mee American infantry; Tim Mee GI's; Tim Mee Knights; Tim-Mee;
Couple more shots, same MO as before; soft polyethylene figures and hard polystyrene for the horses, and that's it really, it was all said last time!

ACW Infantry; American Gi's; Hong Kong Copies; Hong Kong Novelty; Knights; Knights In Armour; Made in Hong Kong; Medieval Knights; Medieval Toy Figures; Novelty Toy; Rack Toy Figures; Rack Toy Month; Rack Toy Plastic Knight; RTM; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tim Mee; Tim Mee American Civil War; Tim Mee American infantry; Tim Mee GI's; Tim Mee Knights; Tim-Mee;
I also had these come in . . . seemingly (lots of gloss black and silver paint) from the same source; cruder copies of Lido GI's and ACW in odd, marbled 'ethylene. These are all the sample and both yellow-green ones are damaged, but there must be more out there!

3 comments:

Mark, Man of TIN said...

Enjoyed Rack Toy Month again - pure plastic and packaging joy!

Andy B said...

More rack toys please! They were such a large part of my childhood, -hours of fun!

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks guys, for some reason I'm not getting my email alerts of comments so missed these, but much appreciated!

H