About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, July 23, 2023

C is for Crescent Ceremonials . . . . NOT!

This post was going to have twice as many images and be a T is for Two.... post, but half the post (Trojan Lifeguards) just appeared in Plastic Warrior magazine, so you've either seen them recently, or you need to subscribe! Consequently, it's just a little box-ticker on some nice Hong Kong copies, and by "nice" I mean old'ish and unusual, not high-quality originals!
 
I may have one of these in the pile, but I'd never considered his existence until the recent PW Show (in May), when I spotted one on Adrian's stall and said "Ooh, I'll have that, that's different", and Adrian said "There a few more there", pointing to the other end of the table, but there was only one, someone else had swooped first! At which point Chris Smith who was standing chatting behind the stall said "Yeah, they're Crescent copies, I have a few".
 
We saw both my grabs in the show-report post (en guard and drummer), but these are Chris's, and you can see they cloned the band (so technically Kellogg's copies too!), the fighting 54mm's and the 60mm set. Presumably all of them were copied, of which these are known. The base marks, probably release-pin marks from the forming process, are very similar to one generation of the Britains Herald ACW copies, so may very well be the same source/manufacturer?

Many thanks to Chris for the images, and Trojan another time!

No comments: