About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, July 17, 2023

EMCE is for Every Model's a Corking Effigy

Two of the more recent lines from EMCE have been the TV/Movie tie-ins, including Star Trek, two of mine have gone to storage, and I've only scanned the boxes of the other two, so another brief look today, and something more substantial in the near-to-medium future!
 
Star Trek - The original Series (TOS), a set of upright or less dynamic poses, but the sculpting/detail is there, and each figure is recognisably who they are supposed to be depicting! You get four each of the figures in three colours, and a larger model of the original Enterprise (NCC-1701) in a smaller scale, so best added to the Galloob/Mattel/Soma mini-ship drawer!
 
I've never been a fan of the Horror genre, so couldn't have much to say about this, except that depicting other icons from the movie has reduced the figure count to only eight? But you do get a giant glow-in-the-dark matey as an extra!
 
I did shoot the other two before they went away to storage, and here - with stuff we've already seen in recent posts - are the Night of the Living Dead on the upper-left and Star Trek - The Next Generation (TNG) on the upper-right. I believe there has been talk of more monster sets, or a 'Universal' [studios] monster set.

The Living Dead had a full set of 12 figures along with another-glow-in-the-dark large-scale figure, while likewise the TNG set has 12 figures and an Enterprise model (NCC-1701-D), the figures in all four sets are pretty standard 54mm against the slightly smaller figures in the earlier Zombie and Alien sets.

All in all, a nice pair of additions to the increasing range of figures from EMCE.

No comments: