About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

S is for Sandown Park - May 2023 - Civilian Etc . . .

Still playing catchup on the show reports, although the London Show may be one post, I was quite reserved! So, for now, we're back to May for the Sandown Park plunder reports - can you believe July's nearly over?

First a shot of the vehicles, they actually occupy two posts and half another, it was a very vehicular day, but then it is a general toy fair, which started life as 90-odd% die-cast and railway . . . nowadays it's almost half modern shite and Lego! But this is an idea of what's coming, previously posted elsewhere.
 
I already have most of these, but I couldn't remember which ones I still needed, when you're on the spot and all that, so I bought them all to compare, and the spares will make good swaps!
 
After some thought, I'm pretty sure it's the cowboy and maybe the bear I need, I have copies of the bear (or donors?) from UK, Hong Kong and France I think, including a Polar one, but still needed the Lone Star one, and it may be I needed the western girl, not the boy?
 
Anyhoos, these are how they are supposed / intended to be paired-up I think, with the backwoodsman also used for a tussle with an Indian (which is how I have him in storage I suspect), and they make a nice group here!

I'm asking about this elsewhere and would love any info' you have on it? It's Britains/54mm size, and very similar to the Jim one from France, sculpturally, but it's not exactly the same pose, it seems to be an infant's rattle with a ferrous plug in its nether regions (ooh missus!) and the material is some hardened polymer which may have been vulcanised rubber once.
 
Markings are MADE IN [unreadable], in English above and what appearers to be [?]ORTE DE[s?] TCH[?]K below . . . a Czech for German market maybe? A Bata toy?
 

I love this, when I worked for JB years ago (now!) I handled a fair few Snake Oil wagons and Thaddeus Tripps, not to mention a few train-guard variants, and have tracked down several now (it's all in the neck-ties I think, and/or hair colour? . . . They have gone to storage), but I have never seen the box full of bottles!

I had to have it, and you can hide the bottles inside to stand on the box and deliver your spiel! Best from show! And when I say I've never seen it, I mean I've never noticed it, because it must be in the Maughan and / or Plath books?

I have a few of these, nothing old or rare, but they were going cheap with the lot below, and I knew I didn't have the cardinal, or the chap in black, so home with me, they came, Nestle premiums for the Disney Hunchback movie.
 
101 Dalmatians, also Disney, along with the Marx 'Minikins' I think there are three sets of these, and I have various components of various sets, we've seen some here before (cereal premiums?), so I keep adding them, until I can sort them all out!
 
The rest! Another President, Jefferson (as mentioned in passing yesterday), this one painted in the Warriors of the World (WoW) style, a Dr. Sheen from Trash Bag Bunch, by Galoob I think, he's one of the common poses as he was also a cereal premium I believe? A Spot-On nurse and small Indian from Crescent finish of this post!

No comments: