About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

EMCE is for Even More Condensed Exposition

Another box ticker for EMCE Toys (Forth Castle), and, this time, their take of the Microsoft game Gears of War, specifically Gears 5, which Wikipedia (if you're as un-gamey as me) states; " . . . is the fifth main installment of the Gears of War series and the sequel to Gears of War 4. Gears 5 follows the story of Kait Diaz, who is on a journey to find out the origin of the Locust Horde, the main antagonistic faction of the Gears of War series"
 
EMCE
only seem to have briefly dipped their toe in this one, with a six figure set, split between three red ('Locusts'?) and three blue figures (character figures?), although the whole set can be found in a glow-in-the-dark version too.
 
As far as I know, it was the first set of figures tied to the game, and no other figures have been issued for subsequent game editions (Gears Tactics), but as generic Sci-Fi troops; very useful. I'm guessing the lady on the header cards is Kait Diaz?

As with most of the EMCE output we've seen so far here at Small Scale World, there are a number of brands and brandmarks associated with this set;
  • Forth Castle Micromedia are the parent of-
  • EMCE Toys, the trading/design brand.
  • Nanoforce is the overarching brand mark for the small-scale figure lines.
  • The Coalition are the game designers.
  • X-Box Game Studios are the platform carrier.
  • Microsoft Corp., is the platform owner.
  • Gears of War, Gears 5 & the 'crimson omen' logo (skull in a toothed gear-wheel) are brand marks/trademarks.
  • Toynk were/are the UK importer (using the Amazon platform), I think; they may be a more global distributor?

No comments: