About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

C is for Cap'n Pugwash!

Brian Berke, pirate fan from New York, sent these just after ITLAPD last year, so they have been waiting a while to shine in the spotlight, and we have seen Captain Pugwash before, but I don't think you can have too much of the scourge of the High Teas, as he sailed his way through early-evening children's TV programming in our childhood!




Marooned on a desert island, with Safari's dead-man & chest, and a cannon (which has a nicer paint scheme than mine . . . I'll have to look out for that variant!), but under attack from a random Plesiosaur, which strikes me as being slightly rough luck!
 
On the shelf,; regular readers will have seen versions of the shelf before (last seen here 2019, I think), and it's nice to see how it evolves . . . or just gets busier as things are added, two Lik Be cake decorations, I can see there, in red, only one last time, they grow, you know!



Then Brian sent these the other day (I suspect as a subtle reminder of the forthcoming day, had I forgot - which I have some years!), and I've dramatised the borders! Hing Fat's finest crew, painted-up.

To be fair, if I recall correctly, there was usually more good than harm committed during the 4-and-a-half-minutes of Pugwash's adventures, and any harm which did occur was usually to the Captain's pride!

Cheers Brian! For those who don't know; you need to know!

No comments: