About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, September 2, 2023

RTM is for Rack Toy Moment

Because Rack Toy Month is over! It's bloody September already? How did that happen . . . I blame the movement of the planetary bodies in the heavens, paying absolutely no heed to my needs!
 
I've actually taken the last apple off the tree, six to eight weeks earlier than any previous year? And the blackberries/brambles are going over a few weeks early too, while the raspberries did nothing . . . we haven't got long, these are signs of severe stress which has the plants desperate to seed because they think/know they are going to die.
 
To which end all the azaleas, except the big yellow one, have gone, the bay went and all but one of the mini Japanese acers. Next door have a brown chunk in their hedge, two doors up have lost their roadside leylandii (despite all the rain this summer) and I've given up trying to save the box from the invasive Box Moth - three attacks since March!

In the meantime, Brian Berke found this in his home city of New York, and it's a fine curtain-closer, for Rack Toy Month!

In his own words, as I can't add anything;
 
"In the last hours of Rack Toy Month I came across this set: SANITATION

Now in NYC there are Sanitation Department Police who give tickets for health violations so that vehicle is OK.

The header card says: ACCOMPANY YOUR CHILDREN TO GROW UP TOGETHER! which is fine but look at the top two figures, Rambo who no doubt is part of NYC's war on rats and then a soldier with a shoulder mounted bazooka! A little excessive even for NYC rats, I hope they never get that big!

I like the recycling bins."

And those figures look similar to other 'Army men' we have looked at here, so it might be possible one day to tie them in with a branding, although it is carrying one; Huan le D-somthing? Many thanks to Brian!

No comments: