Now, I think the seller told me who these were, but I'll be fecked if I can remember what he said, and we have seen them before;
With the larger hard 'styrene from Flan Imperial on the left, in this archive-shot, a smaller painted one in the middle (which I previously mused might be Starlux and nobody corrected me, but I wonder if it's actually Rene Fisher (RF) or Jem, which would make the identifying of the below a bit easier, as they'd be Norev?), also polystyrene, and a Beverly aperitif premium in polyethylene to the right.
But it's not that easy, as Cofalu did them, also in a soft plastic, in red and blue, but not the same shades as the Beverly ones, and sans Beverly mark, while another set in the same cream-white as the Flan Imperial, is also out there, in the smaller size and softer ethylene, while the below recently came in.
I've posed them against a rather diminutive Arc de Triomphe, I picked up at the show, last weekend, hence the title of the post! Which is presumable a touristy memento/craft thing - make your own triumphal arch? I could send it to the orange loon, he wants one!
Although, as an afterthought, it also has the simple properties of a cheap, easy-construction 'prop', maybe for window dressing, jewellers' windows, something like that maybe? There is some wood-strip reinforcing in the interior corners, though, so home-craft from a printed stamping, is more likely.
There are only ten of the twelve poses known to be from the set, seen here. The other two may just be missing from this ample, or not part of this version of set at all? And painting is as simplistic as the later Norev issues of the Rene Fisher (RF)/Jem medievals, so that would be neat and leave me with only two unknown issues, instead of the current four?
However, I can't find any as RF or Jem, and if Flan Imperial are the original/donor sculpts? And going on the base design/shape, of all the samples, Starlux or someone connected with them remains in the periphery of the picture? Anyway, I've tagged all of them in case someone passing knows the truth!

No comments:
Post a Comment