I have! A couple of thematically linked purchases on the 5th of the month, and I think they came from two tables next to each other, in that Isaak had one, which he brought over to me, and his friend at the next table had the other when I managed to get over the other side of the hall!
Parashoot . . . geddit! Already added to the parachute page, this is one of the common blow-mould parachutists, given a bit of a prosthetic, up the jacksie! There was already a shot there, and this is a bit sun-faded, but it'll help with future comparisons or overviews elsewhere!
While this has no parachute, but neither does it have targets or an obvious scoring system, so it sits halfway between the other shooting sets. The tip of the blow-moulded rocket comes off, but there was no obvious place for "harmless caps", so I'm guessing the cap goes at the other end, and is fired by the launching plunger, but I didn't think to look, and it's now up an the storage unit.
The polystyrene gun is damaged and will need glueing one day, but it perfectly illustrates how frangible, and ephemeral some of this stuff was, and why Mum banned us from having it . . . 'No, why don't you get some more Airfix soldiers, not that rubbish!'

No comments:
Post a Comment