About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, November 1, 2019

A is for Another One, or Two!

Lord luv'a duck Meeery Popp'ns, that Chris Smith's only gawn and dunn it again, aint' he?!

Just when you thought there can't be more, another explorer turns up looking for the long-lost source of his branding!

African Hunters; Hiong Kong Hunters; Hong Kong Toy Figurines; Hunters; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toy Hunters; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Hunters; Vintage Figures; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toys; Wild Animal Models; Wild Animals; Wing Luen Hunter; Zoo Animals;
He's a far better sculpt, being either an original sculpt or copied from a better figure (did Heinerle or Leyla have a chap with flap-pockets and his arms tied?), and when I first saw the images I wondered if he might be from another set, but back home and mega-embiggened on the old Windows-Media-thingamabob, the pink matches perfectly.

Which has got us to a seven-count - I think - on poses now? I have seen an eighth, recently,  but it's not looking quite right, so I'll wait until an un-repainted one turns up, call me Doubting Thomas, or better; doubting Hugh, but better safe than sorry! Still - nice to see other's picking-up on the set!

As the set grows you wonder what accessories went with it, other than the animals which Peter Evans mentioned when they were first Blogged, here, not that long ago? Huts, cargo, boat? And there must have been palm-trees?

African Hunters; Hiong Kong Hunters; Hong Kong Toy Figurines; Hunters; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toy Hunters; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Hunters; Vintage Figures; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toys; Wild Animal Models; Wild Animals; Wing Luen Hunter; Zoo Animals;
Courtesy of Bill B comes this 90/100mm chap from Wing Luen Plastic (not Wing Luen Foundry, although they were only a couple of roads apart in the New Territories and may well be related), sadly he seems to have come as a stand-alone with animal sets - no natives with Thermos-flasks or sharp spears, but he does accompany very nice copies of the Britains palm trees!

Possessing some of the other items (but not the Hunter!) I can say the 10cm is a bit misleading (it'll be a 'commercial buyers' guideline size); the figures are around 60/70mm.

No comments: