About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

H is for How They Come In - A Year Ago

Normally I try to acknowledge help, contributions or donations with some alacrity and while I did mention the donor at the time, I held these two back from last year, as nearly everything in them was suitable for stand-alone posts! We have now had most of those posts, so I must thank Mr Berke for the sending and show you what Brian sent to the Blog in September and November of last year.

Avengers; Bagged Rack Toys; Blister Pack Toy Figures; Capsule Toys; Chronoscope; David and Goliath; Dinosaur Eggs; Dinosaur Novelties; DTSC Toys Canada; DTSC Zombies; Glider Model Kits; Glider Toy; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Made In China; Motorcycles; Mummy Army; Pirate Skeleton; Sea Life; Skeleton Army; Skeleton Novelties; Skeleton Pirate; Spacemen; Wallgreen; Wallgreen's Skeletons;
Brian sent these in September last year, just in time for the pirate to appear in ITLAPD! Indeed, because I took this shot intending to do an H is for... post, prior to the pirate day; I've tried to hide the pirate in plain sight! But then I thought "No I'll be showing all sorts of things which are better in separate posts" and held the shot back!

We've since had the pirate, the Halloween sets, the sea-life set and the larger rubber GI's, we nearly had the Zowies (yellow & orange capsules), but at the eleventh hour they were pulled, and while I've added the odd shot they may be a while now, as there's a lot in the queue, although I have done preliminary work, so watch this space!

We also had the mini-dinos (in the eggs), some of the Auburn Rubber types and you can see the gliders I couldn't fine the other day! The motorcycle will appear in the next round-up of such machines and the air force ground-crew are waiting for me to find the cream-coloured originals to compare them with. While the large-scale spacemen reissues will get their turn. I can't remember if I've shown the Chronoscope diver? If not; he should have been in the round-up the other day, and must be in the next one!

Avengers; Bagged Rack Toys; Blister Pack Toy Figures; Capsule Toys; Chronoscope; David and Goliath; Dinosaur Eggs; Dinosaur Novelties; DTSC Toys Canada; DTSC Zombies; Glider Model Kits; Glider Toy; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Made In China; Motorcycles; Mummy Army; Pirate Skeleton; Sea Life; Skeleton Army; Skeleton Novelties; Skeleton Pirate; Spacemen; Wallgreen; Wallgreen's Skeletons;
In November Brian sent the sets he'd already sent the image-of, in time for Halloween, which was really kind as I said to him the pictures are more than enough, kindness wise, but he sent them anyway and I got the follow-up posts done this year. However, I had meant to compare the Zombie set more closely with the set from Peter Evans, and forgot to do so, so I may well do that next year?

Avengers; Bagged Rack Toys; Blister Pack Toy Figures; Capsule Toys; Chronoscope; David and Goliath; Dinosaur Eggs; Dinosaur Novelties; DTSC Toys Canada; DTSC Zombies; Glider Model Kits; Glider Toy; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Made In China; Motorcycles; Mummy Army; Pirate Skeleton; Sea Life; Skeleton Army; Skeleton Novelties; Skeleton Pirate; Spacemen; Wallgreen; Wallgreen's Skeletons;
I had - as always - help unpacking!

Many thanks to Brian, it really is all grist to the mill, and while the Blog tries to be pretty esoteric, Brian also manages to find a wide variety of things to share with us.

No comments: