About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

S is for Santa Clause is Coming . . . and Going!

I know! But it's less than a month away!

You may remember back in June/July, when I finally got round to the PW Show reports that one of the items I highlighted was a Hong Kong copy of the Crescent Santa' sleigh, well, you may have guessed that that wouldn't be the end of the matter, indeed I may even have said as much at the time . . . here they both are together;

Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Christmas Cake Decorations; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figure; Christmas Figures; Crescent; Crescent Toy Figures; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Made in England; Made in Hong Kong; Red Nosed Reindeer; Rudolf; Santa Claus; Santa Clause; Santa Sleigh; Santaclaus; Santaclause; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Snow Sleigh; Vintage Cake Decorations; Vintage Christmas Decorations; Vintage Plastic Decorations; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures;
The copy is slightly smaller, with an unpainted St. Nick' but is in every other way a perfect clone of the Crescent parcel-delivery service vehicle and it's moss-munching motive member . . . I should have tried to get that in the title!

I assume from the Hong Kong effort than the Crescent one should also have a wire draw-bar arrangement, missing from mine? When I find my high-tencile wire-rod (read when I find all the modelling materials in the garage!) I'll make one, using the HK one as  a template.

Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Christmas Cake Decorations; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figure; Christmas Figures; Crescent; Crescent Toy Figures; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Made in England; Made in Hong Kong; Red Nosed Reindeer; Rudolf; Santa Claus; Santa Clause; Santa Sleigh; Santaclaus; Santaclause; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Snow Sleigh; Vintage Cake Decorations; Vintage Christmas Decorations; Vintage Plastic Decorations; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures;
While the sleigh and deer are smaller on the clone, the Santa Clause figures are pretty-much the same size, although the unmarked base and larger hole give-away the plagiarist origins of the doppelganger.

Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Christmas Cake Decorations; Christmas Decoration; Christmas Figure; Christmas Figures; Crescent; Crescent Toy Figures; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Made in England; Made in Hong Kong; Red Nosed Reindeer; Rudolf; Santa Claus; Santa Clause; Santa Sleigh; Santaclaus; Santaclause; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Snow Sleigh; Vintage Cake Decorations; Vintage Christmas Decorations; Vintage Plastic Decorations; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures;
The wire reins clip into the front of the clone, but was fed-through the hole in the Crescent Toys original.

When you narrow-down the subject of a post there's only so many shots you can take and so much blurb you can produce without starting to sound like a half-wit, so we'll say that's them; done.

No comments: