About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

D is for Do I Not Like That Beadally-beadally Bass'tud!

Said no Turnip-head, never! I really didn't like the poxy thing, is was the ersatz idiot-kid/fluffy-dog (Daggit)/K9/R2D2 of the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century franchise, not that I was that enamoured of the series as a whole. The majority of the budget seemed to have been spent on the opening titles and the episodes were mostly Dr. Who quality, but without the action?

647 A1 - Buck Rogers Starfighter; Buck Rogers; Buck Rogers In The 25th Century; Buck Rogers Starfighter; Corgi; Corgi 647 A1; Corgi Buck Rogers Starfighter; Corgi Toys; Robot; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; TV And Film-Related; TV Characters; TV Related; TV Robot; TV Tie Ins; TV Tie-ins; TV Toys; TV/Movie Related; Tweaky; Tweekey; Tweeky; Twiggy; Twiki; Twikiy
Anyway, Corgi had a poke and produced these two as 'enhancing play-value accessories' to accompany a die-cast space-fighter model - 647 A1 - Buck Rogers Starfighter. Polystyrene, the robot chromium-plated over neutral plastic, Buck in white with minor paint highlights.

647 A1 - Buck Rogers Starfighter; Buck Rogers; Buck Rogers In The 25th Century; Buck Rogers Starfighter; Corgi; Corgi 647 A1; Corgi Buck Rogers Starfighter; Corgi Toys; Robot; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; TV And Film-Related; TV Characters; TV Related; TV Robot; TV Tie Ins; TV Tie-ins; TV Toys; TV/Movie Related; Tweaky; Tweekey; Tweeky; Twiggy; Twiki; Twikiy
Kill 'em, kill 'em all, or they'll keep coming with their mildly witty, slightly saccharine, child-like asides and platitudes, kill 'em now, all of 'em! Twiki? I think I called him Twiggey last time - I don't care, I hated the little bleeder!

I'm afraid I can't do that Dave, I'm not tall enough.

No comments: