About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

F is for Follow-up - Belgian Footballers

This is following-up on this post, but these aren't marked Pak-Me-Mee, and are a pinkish-flesh off-white, rather than the creamy off-white of the aforementioned pudding-mix premiums.

110mm Figures; 4 1/2 Inch Figures; 4.5-inch Figures; Belgian Football Player; Belgian Premiums; Dumortier Brothers; Flemish Figurines; Food Premiums; Football Premium; FootBaller Premiums; Four Inch Figures; Novelties; Novelty Toy; P. Dumortier Fres; Pak-Me-Mee; Plastic Figures; Plastic Footballers; Prenez-Moi; Pudding; Pudding Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wallonia;
Luckily, with eight to find (in any variation) I managed to score two more, so that's five in the bag now; an instep-pass and a flicky back-kick.

I shot them against an 1898 atlas I found, I don't think the boarders have changed much, even after two World Wars, but I recall a Belgian farmer helping himself to a piece of France a while back - top lad!

110mm Figures; 4 1/2 Inch Figures; 4.5-inch Figures; Belgian Football Player; Belgian Premiums; Dumortier Brothers; Flemish Figurines; Food Premiums; Football Premium; FootBaller Premiums; Four Inch Figures; Novelties; Novelty Toy; P. Dumortier Fres; Pak-Me-Mee; Plastic Figures; Plastic Footballers; Prenez-Moi; Pudding; Pudding Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wallonia;
Not much to add really, they are what they are; unknown maker, simple but nice sculpts (although the back-kicker is the daftest pose so far) in hard polystyrene and around the 4-5" / 100-130mm mark - that back-kicker again, he's much taller than the others! I tagged them 4" and 110mm last time, so that'll do, and I've included the Pak-Me-Mee/Dumortier tags as they were the same tool-production.

No comments: