About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, November 21, 2021

News, Views Etc . . . 'But Is It Giant' Page

 I've placed another of the hollow-horse posts on the Giant or What Blog, quite an important one, albeit only an introduction to a series of posts to come on the commonest of all Hong Kong hollow, small-scale horses; the one I call Wavymane.

Britains Herald; Britains Swoppets; Crescent; Fort Apache; Fort Cheyenne; Frontier Set; Giant Hong Kong; Giant Horses; Giant Plastics Corp; Giant Wild West; Hollow Horse Types; Hong Kong Horses; Hong Kong Wavymane; Horses; Made in Hong Kong; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wavymane Horse; Wild West; YF Blister Pack;
Contentious as I maintain that it was both the first and the donor for the Giant 'copy', so worth a read if you follow the small scales.

https://butisitgiant.blogspot.com/2021/11/wavymane-original-hong-kong-made-hollow.html

Meanwhile I also added an image and bit of blurb to the end of Peter E's 'H is for . . .' post the other day, as I found some older images of my version of the farm animal set, it was slightly different to Peter's donation, being a blister, not a bag, and had clues to a maker under the Toys As Fun sticker!

https://smallscaleworld.blogspot.com/2021/11/h-is-for-how-they-come-in-november-2020.html

5 comments:

EY said...

Wavymane. I like that.

Now I have to go to my Giant horses and see what kind of varieties I have. I never paid much attention to them before.

Hugh Walter said...

Oh, there's lots EY, I will get them all up there in the end, that's the whole reason for the Blog, but it had a slow start!

H

Hugh Walter said...

I've put a quick guide to horses at the top of that blog EY, but all the detailed data and set titles etc . . . will come in the individual posts.

H

EY said...

Thanks Hugh,
The guide is quite useful!

Hugh Walter said...

I've added a few more tonight EY, and will try to annotate them, but that page was going to come after the posts, so I'm building it on the hoof now! I'll post links under each thumbnail as the posts are done!

H