About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 8, 2022

H is for How They Come In - Three from Peter

Peter Evans, roving reporter for PW, sent me three parcels over June-July of this year, a big one full of loose figures and two 'top-up's, one of figures the other rack toys, which were destined for RTM, but only one made it in time, so . . . another day!

Airfix Germans; Andy Guard; Barratt Horses; BJ Toys; Dutch Boy; Firefighter; GI's; Hilco Swan; Homies; Kinder; Kinder Prize; Kit Figures; Matchbox Battle Kings; Mechannic; Military Set; Monogram US Infantry; MPC 54mm Troops; Ork; Phidal; Policeman; Racing Cowboys; Ri Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldier Set; Strange Hill High; Super Dino Army; Wizard;
Army men first! We've got the Andy Guard or similar GI's with their silver accessories (top left), and I think these are originals, I have various other somewhere including the common Hong Kong marked copies and we will do a post comparing them all one day.

Clockwise from them are some Airfix copies with slight changes to some of the poses, like the MTC marked ones we saw here a few years ago, but not quite the same. Below them is a handful of MPC smaller size, and I think I've said before that with colour variations and a decent pose-count there's always another to find!

With them is a Homie character I think, and he looks like he's not to me messed with, while the last shot is more of those Monogram copies, which I know I've pointed out have so many variations, I happily take all I can find, to get the 'whole' story on them!

Airfix Germans; Andy Guard; Barratt Horses; BJ Toys; Dutch Boy; Firefighter; GI's; Hilco Swan; Homies; Kinder; Kinder Prize; Kit Figures; Matchbox Battle Kings; Mechannic; Military Set; Monogram US Infantry; MPC 54mm Troops; Ork; Phidal; Policeman; Racing Cowboys; Ri Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldier Set; Strange Hill High; Super Dino Army; Wizard;
More modern stuff top left and right, with an interesting Airfix original bottom left, he really is that bleached 8th Army colour! Gun is from the Matchbox Battle Kings K116 Artillery Truck set, while on the right another parachute-toy paratrooper figure and two piles of what I think are Ri-Toys originals.

Airfix Germans; Andy Guard; Barratt Horses; BJ Toys; Dutch Boy; Firefighter; GI's; Hilco Swan; Homies; Kinder; Kinder Prize; Kit Figures; Matchbox Battle Kings; Mechannic; Military Set; Monogram US Infantry; MPC 54mm Troops; Ork; Phidal; Policeman; Racing Cowboys; Ri Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldier Set; Strange Hill High; Super Dino Army; Wizard;
Civilian stuff . . . and a Dalek! The two horses in the same pose (bottom left) look like scale-ups of the Hornby animal carrier, but I found them on Barney's site, they're Barratt, however I can't find the horse in the top left image, who I don't think I've seen before? He's Gem-like, if anything?

The oversized chap is . . . someone like New Ray, but not them, some hunting sets which came out a few years ago and were in Plastic Warrior magazine I think? While the chap next to him was a novelty a few Christmases ago, there should be two; 'racing', there were Nuns and Grannies in wheelchairs too!

A Hilco swan (?) and some interesting smaller animals make up this lot . . . and a Dalek!

Airfix Germans; Andy Guard; Barratt Horses; BJ Toys; Dutch Boy; Firefighter; GI's; Hilco Swan; Homies; Kinder; Kinder Prize; Kit Figures; Matchbox Battle Kings; Mechannic; Military Set; Monogram US Infantry; MPC 54mm Troops; Ork; Phidal; Policeman; Racing Cowboys; Ri Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldier Set; Strange Hill High; Super Dino Army; Wizard;
Nice Dutch boy keyring, sans chain (just had a load of them arrive [Dutch keyrings], more in a future post!), old school Ork and a PVC wizard who's new to me, along with one of the larger 'small scale' copies of Airfix, possibly Majorette.

To the right; a ring-hand mechanic, sans tool and another PVC firefighter, both new to me, a generic GI and equally generic palm tree, below them is how they arrived, and you can see I didn't shoot everything (Tiger and Noah, fence and elephant . . . more, I suspect?), while the final frame shows kit-figure bits and a mini cracker coyboy.

Airfix Germans; Andy Guard; Barratt Horses; BJ Toys; Dutch Boy; Firefighter; GI's; Hilco Swan; Homies; Kinder; Kinder Prize; Kit Figures; Matchbox Battle Kings; Mechannic; Military Set; Monogram US Infantry; MPC 54mm Troops; Ork; Phidal; Policeman; Racing Cowboys; Ri Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldier Set; Strange Hill High; Super Dino Army; Wizard;
A week or so after the above this little lot turned-up and we have some nice mini-dino's, the pile in the bottom corner are PVC figures from a BBC cartoon called Strange Hill High, which I've missed completely, but they will go quite well with the Homies and that odd one I still need to find-out more about!

The chap from Frozen (top, middle) is a lesser-make capsule toy, below him a more common Kinder, the small-scale policeman is new to me, as is the Phidal-looking Lava-man? And two stragglers from the German infantry seen above . . . all good stuff!

Airfix Germans; Andy Guard; Barratt Horses; BJ Toys; Dutch Boy; Firefighter; GI's; Hilco Swan; Homies; Kinder; Kinder Prize; Kit Figures; Matchbox Battle Kings; Mechannic; Military Set; Monogram US Infantry; MPC 54mm Troops; Ork; Phidal; Policeman; Racing Cowboys; Ri Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldier Set; Strange Hill High; Super Dino Army; Wizard;
Then these arrived not long before Rack Toy Month, and I shot them all separately, but we only managed to see the Super Dino Army one - he says as if it's not his fault the other are still in the queue, but I can't be accused of slack in August! All three imported from Chinna by BJ Toys.

The truck with the rockets is similar to one we’ve seen before from the discount stores (the late 99p Stores or Poundland), but this one has working wheels, the previously seen version had them moulded-in. Interesting mix of Supreme and Matchbox piracies, while the left hand set also has Matchbox sculpts with other newer 'army men'.

Many thanks to Peter for all these, most will be revisited in future group-shots, thematic round-ups or on the A-Z Blogs - when I get them properly organised!

No comments: