About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

S is for Seen Elsewhere - Torgano Alpini

Bit of a box-ticker this one, I collected an incomplete set of Torgano alpine troops or 'Alpini' a while back, and as the weather was good, I took them outside and shot them in the garden, these shots were the result, and I've shown them elsewhere, so here to tick the box!

54mm Figures; 54mm Semi-Flats; 54mm Toy Soldiers; Alpine Chasseur; Alpine Toy Soldiers; Alpine Troops; Demi Rond Toy Soldiers; Demi Ronde Bosse; Italian Alpini; Italian Toy Soldiers; Made In Italy; Mountain Troops; Semi Flat Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Torgano; Torgano Alpini;

54mm Figures; 54mm Semi-Flats; 54mm Toy Soldiers; Alpine Chasseur; Alpine Toy Soldiers; Alpine Troops; Demi Rond Toy Soldiers; Demi Ronde Bosse; Italian Alpini; Italian Toy Soldiers; Made In Italy; Mountain Troops; Semi Flat Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Torgano; Torgano Alpini;

54mm Figures; 54mm Semi-Flats; 54mm Toy Soldiers; Alpine Chasseur; Alpine Toy Soldiers; Alpine Troops; Demi Rond Toy Soldiers; Demi Ronde Bosse; Italian Alpini; Italian Toy Soldiers; Made In Italy; Mountain Troops; Semi Flat Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Torgano; Torgano Alpini;
54mm semi-flat, or demi-ronde; do you use French for Italian figures? Five of six figures I think, the missing one being a kneeling machine-gunner and the weakest of the sculpts as far as realism is concerned!

54mm Figures; 54mm Semi-Flats; 54mm Toy Soldiers; Alpine Chasseur; Alpine Toy Soldiers; Alpine Troops; Demi Rond Toy Soldiers; Demi Ronde Bosse; Italian Alpini; Italian Toy Soldiers; Made In Italy; Mountain Troops; Semi Flat Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Torgano; Torgano Alpini;
The plaque is one of two from our childhood, the other is a squirrel I think, or a badger; I can't remember? But they were obviously bought at a craft fair or some holiday destination as keepsakes, and we had one each hung on the bedroom wall at the ends of our beds - we shared a bedroom until I was sixteen!

Hand-carved sandstone, it originally had a knotted leather bootlace to hang it, but when I found them last year, they are perished brittle with age. Anyone know where they came from? They may have come back from America in '69?

2 comments:

steztoyz said...

Hello Hugh,
I think there were only six. I have four figures including the machine gunner you're missing, and you have the advancing guy and the clubbing guy that I'm missing.
The machine gunner isn't an overly realistic pose, but it's nicely sculpted all the same.
Regards,
Steve

Hugh Walter said...

Oh, cheers for that Steve, I didn't know what I was looking for!

H