About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 22, 2022

S is for Sloppy Research?

Was he going to have a pop at me, but got so old, stoned on med's or drunk that he totally forgot to? Hahahahahahaha! You can't make it up, and there he is scuttling out from under my shadow to tread on my coat-tails again! There are bars in Berlin where my arse is a bigger legend.

 
I have these, as I think I mentioned more than once when covering this stuff over the last few weeks, at the moment they are back in storage, but they'll come out again and and I still won't be that interested in the dates, except on the A-Z entry, if and or when I get around to it!
 
I also have scans of a rival publication which employed square thumbnails of the figures rather that the line-ups in these, while we covered Paul Revere here, 12 years ago - with pictures! Too funny!

4 comments:

Andy B said...

As a bystander, afraid D is for don't understand this post!

Hugh Walter said...

No Andy - not sure I do, but my 'eemie' (his spelling) made some remark about 'sloppy research' and started posting stuff I posted a few weeks ago with long-winded bumpf about dates and [out-of-date] estimated values . . . so I was just putting down a marker!

H

Andy B said...

Ah- thought it was him again!

Hugh Walter said...

Yeah! Inexplicable, intransigent, internecine inharmoniousness!

H