About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, March 28, 2024

C is for Card Game, Card Table & Card Players

Matt Thier was at the show on Saturday last, and had his new card player's set for the saloon collection of White Tower Miniatures, the painted figures aren't available yet (but it should only be weeks or days now, keep checking the website), but the castings were there, for those who still have the eyesight to paint their own figures!
 




And they were being displayed on what looks remarkably like the water-butt cover I used to shoot the rocket-launchers, Jean stuff and a few other bits in the garage during lockdown! . . . Where did those four years go?

They are lovely, and I particularly like the standing figure, who could be Lee Van Cleefe, quietly sliding his hand to the six-gun's pistol-grip! Between him and the Moll and an eyebrow code, they've got the game sewn-up, but who's their man? My money's on the old bearded mule-poke, pretending to be a drunk!

They're not on the website yet;


But should appear soon under the Wild West Town folk heading near the bottom of the shop list. And the Windsor Chairs, previously available as part of the saloon range, are delightful!

No comments: