About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

H is for How They Come In - Charity Shop Backlog - 2023, 3 of 3

So to the last of the Charity shop plunder from last year, a pretty average bag of mixed animals, but it did have a figure in, or did I buy him separately for 50p or something, I really can't remember and shot them together, so, whatever!

Looks like one of those reusable fresh-veg' bags Sainsbury's were experimenting with, I think they've dropped them now, but they are useful for running bulk lots of paint-stripped figures through the washing machine, saves checking the filter afterwards, as all the larger flakes of paint end-up in the corners of the bag!
 
Mostly Dino's, and mostly generics, but when you think how many there've been in the last three posts, and how many Jon sent to the Blog in the autumn, and how many there are half sorted in that pile I shot on the stairs before they went to storage, and it'll be a mammoth task to make more sense of them all!
 
Wild animals, and a sea-horse which might have been branded, in fact it's here somewhere, and I could look it up, but I can't be arsed and does to matter right now, I've enough for a whole sea-horse post at some point, and such thematic posts are a definite plan for the future!
 
I think these go together and look like pretty current stock, in the two halves glued-together (to help with 'undercuts' on more complicated sculpts) style, they will be one of the carded sets you still see occasionally in the few remaining Independent corner-shops? BJ Toys, Red Deer, Funtastic, somebody like that?
 
This went straight back, or at least I think it's in the box of stuff to go back! McDonald's Happy-Meal thing, or something similar, there's a press-button to make him do something movie-related!
 
Well, I can't hold them all 'till ITLAPD, an ELC pirate, they're a bit big for my liking, but they are lovely sculpts and this is about number six now, with a few fantasy-types, and some knights from the same source!

No comments: