About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, March 9, 2024

L is for Lido's Louche Luna Lads

Not a mystery, although they were to me for a while, as they turned-up in 'Blast Off' the other day when I was looking-up Jet Cars! I used to think they might be the French Rex, but they weren't and for a long time I didn't have a clue, but they are to be seen in the aforementioned tome (pp.142) in a Lido 'Toy Parade' header card as Captain Video Space Rangers, which reminded me these were in the queue!
 


Four from evilBay back in 2014, and four from my own collection in three poses, I've never seen these alongside the robot/bird-man aliens of the more common Captain Video figures from Lido, so I think maybe they could have been a seperate issue within the line, or a seperate line using the same branding and accessories (the little 'train' of space vehicles), rather than a part of the larger set?

Knowing so little about them beyond Lido, 'styrene, 50mm'ish and Captain Video Space Rangers, they are just a fun box-ticker! Also while the common line has the cartouche/ovoid bases, these are pod-feet chaps!

No comments: