About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, March 31, 2024

E is for Easter Funnies with Easter Bunnies

There are a lot of Easter Bunny memes out there, a lot of them are either not that funny, a bit sad, or just mawkishly sentimental, but over the years these three have made me genuinely  chuckle . . .

 
This one has been seen before here, abut 12 years ago, but is a perfect example of everything which is wrong with the Internet, it was originally a low-res copy-of-a-copy of a greeting card from here in the UK, hence 'Arse', yet if you google 'Ester bunny meme' you will find dozens and dozens of examples, Americanised with 'Butt', while many versions have been re-shot, or re-drawn, by people who want the credit for something which was someone else's idea.
 
Another version has a third bunny, missing his face going "Where are you guys?", or similar, yet the original artist is never credited, not even by me, as no one knows, presumably a Clinton's, Birthdays' (or the chain which went bust a few years ago)'s jobbing commercial artist?

I saw this a couple of years ago, and haven't seen it again.

While this also made me chuckle!

And the fact that the originators of this stuff get lost, forgotten or omitted, often on purpose by people wanting to extract a little ownership for themselves is a sad indictment of what's wrong with us, we are losing our humanity, and our altruism, which are (were?) our 'Darwinian' strengths in a world made harder to navigate by a thousand tongues and the [necessary?] evil of economics!

No comments: