About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 17, 2026

A is for Again, I'm Afraid!

We've seen these dinosaur pencil tops from Depesche already, but not together, so here they are again, and it should be a last time for them, as they're not deserving of one post, let alone the three or four outings they've had, but that's how the cookie's crumbled on this one!
 
Thinking I still needed one, and that this was it, I grabbed this pencil top a while ago now, and took the shots, only to realise while looking for something else, that I already had it! Not then being able to remember which one I did need, I bought the other two earlier this year.
 
Velociraptor
 
Triceratops
 
Carnosaur of some kind, assume T-Rex!
 
Because it turned out I had actually got all three, and we've already seen them here, I broke the glue seal on these to shoot them as stand-alone figures, although two of them are only standing-up due to careful angling of laptop and camera! So best left on the ends of their pencils! 
 

Family group; They are good sculpts for what they are - quite small, and ephemeral novelties, and I've been getting mine from an independent garden centre and farmers market, but I dare say they are available elsewhere, including zoo or museum gift shops?

No comments: